Please see below for our current list of openings. If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with your resume, and please put the job title in the subject line. Alternatively, you can submit your resume by filling out the form to the right.
Tidel is a leading provider of cash management solutions that empower retail institutions across the globe to better manage their daily cash business, reduce risk, and increase profits. For more than 40 years, customers have relied on Tidel to provide the most innovative and reliable solutions that help secure, optimize and streamline their cash environment. For more information, please visit the company’s website at www.tidel.com.
Tidel is seeking a Buyer responsible to provide parts, equipment, and materials by developing sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance; obtaining required parts, equipment and materials, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment, as well as managing and controlling inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
- Handle correspondence concerning discrepancies related to over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
- Works closely with Director of Procurements on issuance of (RFQ/RFP) requests for quotes/proposals.
- Liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
- Maintain accuracy of commodity code information within Epicor, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, etc.
- Ensure Epicor parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum, maximum, safety, and current inventory levels; making recommendations to management for adjustments to levels.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job related tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives.
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field preferred.
- CPM or APICS certification desirable.
- 5+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, supplier relationships.
- Knowledge of MRP processes (Epicor experience a plus).
- Contract manufacturing experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of import freight movement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems that may arise.
- Ability to maintain positive company image and brand.
- • Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly as well as work well under pressure
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Efficient organization, time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills. Proficient with MS Office suite and other work-related software. (Epicor experience a plus)
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Tidel. We provide a competitive salary and medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401 (k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Tidel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/ Disabled and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.